Tour 1: Converting a historic home to solar power
- 1924 W.M. Long House, part of the Washburne Historic district in Downtown Springfield
- Induction Stove and Convection Stove/Microwave: purchased from Kelly's Appliances and we love the model, it does a wonderful job. It was nice to replace our former gas stove with quick cooking and improved energy usage.
- KitchenAid 30-Inch 4-Element Induction Slide-In Convection Range with Baking Drawer
- KitchenAid 21 3/4" Countertop Convection Microwave Oven - 1000 Watt
- Replaced at the same time from Kelly's: Haier 15 Cu. Ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Energy Star Certified
- Solar Panels by Eugene-local company Energy Design in 2021. We had a great experience! We love being able to support most of our daily electricity use off of the panels, and selling some back to the grid to 'green' up Springfield's energy usage! They installed Sunpower 360 Watt AC solar module Equinox system and it has been working very well! We get to track our usage and our input through a great app.
Other features inside
- Miele Front Load washer WXD160 WCS - W1 front-loading washing machine: With CapDosing and Miele@home for smart laundry care.
- Miele TXI680WP Eco & Steam - T1 Heat-Pump Dryer: With Miele@home and SteamFinish for smart laundry care.
- 2017 Chevy Volt: a plug-in hybrid. The electric portion runs off solar power (when we charge during daylight hours) and the hybrid vehicle helps us reduce our footprint. With 2 electric bikes and 2 electric scooters, we now reduce our footprint with our local commutes as often as we can!
- Pollinator garden
- Dual composting system (two rotating barrels): Envrocycle Composting has been wonderful, and makes it so user-friendly and easy to turn without worrying about breaking any of the devices. 100% recommendation there!